What to Expect with Dental Implants in Thousand Oaks CA
The technology behind dental implants in Thousand Oaks CA has been around since the 1960s and has been well-proven to replace one or several missing teeth in both the upper and lower jaws. The result is an attractive, durable tooth replacement that stimulates the underlying bone, contributing to healthy gums around the new tooth.
Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Secure and permanent tooth replacement
- Look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Stimulate the surrounding soft and hard tissues. This, in turn, ensures an attractive result and helps to maintain facial structures.
- No work is done on the surrounding healthy, natural teeth
- The result is comfortable, with no adhesives required or the discomfort and insecurity associated with ill-fitting dentures
- Easy to care and maintain your new teeth, just like your natural teeth, with normal brushing and flossing
Dental implants in Thousand Oaks CA can be safely, reliably, and successfully placed in gaps with missing teeth to permanently restore your smile and optimize the function of your mouth. The treatment involves implanting a small screw – made from biocompatible material – into the jawbone to provide the foundation for your new tooth replacement.
As the implant heals in the next few months, the screw integrates with the underlying bone through a process referred to as osseointegration, providing strong and sturdy support for your new teeth that function as the root.
When the titanium implant has healed, an abutment is attached to it on one side to hold the tooth in place. Your replacement tooth is then connected to the abutment on the other side. The tooth is custom made to match the shape and color of your existing natural teeth.
Are dental implants right for me?
Dental implants are the ideal tooth replacement option for anyone missing one or several teeth. Each solution is customized for your specific situation, with some patients requiring additional treatments such as bone grafting to ensure a successful tooth replacement.
Please visit your oral surgeon in Thousand Oaks CA to learn more about dental implants and whether they’re the right solution to restore the function and aesthetics of your mouth.